From Wednesday 22 March 2017, 5.30-8.30pm – The Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, Liverpool, L1 3BT.
Young Women for Peace is a free course for young women aged 16-19 years old who live in Liverpool and are interested in becoming peacebuilders to resolve conflict in their communities. The course will run from March to May 2017 in Liverpool.
You will gain:
- Level 1 Open Awards qualification
- Enhanced skills in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Increased understanding to respond to local issues and participate in social action
- Strengthened capacity to be an active peacebuilder
- Public speaking skills
The course will cover the following topics:
- Critical thinking skills
- Self-awareness and identity
- Conflict resolution
- Understanding extremism
- Public speaking, dialogue and debating
- Establishing a network of leaders
Young Women for Peace will consist of local sessions in Liverpool, followed by a residential at the Peace Centre in Warrington on Monday 24 to Wednesday 26 April 2017. Following completion of the course, there will be a certificate evening and community dialogue session in Liverpool, to celebrate the completion of the course and to practice the skills learnt.
For more information, contact Hannah Larn at the Foundation for Peace at email@example.com or call 01925 581 237.Back to calendar