Date opened – Monday 14 February 2022.
Grants will be awarded across Princes Park, Riverside and Picton wards to deliver a diverse variety of projects.
In its ninth successful year, the Austin Smith Small Grants Fund continues to provide local people with funding to empower their communities. The Passionist Congregation and Liverpool City Council continue to have a unique partnership in supporting non for profit organisations and their neighbourhood.
This initiative started with L8 Law Centre wanting to honour the memory of Father Austin Smith who died in March 2011. Austin was a member of the Passionist Congregation and dedicated more than forty years of his life to the people in the City of Liverpool.
Amount available: You will be able to apply for a grant of up to £350. They only accept one application per organisation per round.
Who can apply: Small not for profit community groups whose beneficiaries are predominantly from Riverside, Princes Park and Picton wards. Previous grant applicants can apply however priority will be given to new applicants.
What will you need to apply:
- A governing document
- A bank account in the name of the organisation with 2 unrelated signatories.
What they can fund:
- To start new projects and activities
- Increase levels of active citizenship, community pride and community activity
- Contribute towards running an event, festival or community occasion
- Intergenerational activities
- Activities that may reduce isolation
- Projects that will develop stronger communities
- People working together to tackle issues in their neighbourhood
- Projects that have long-lasting benefits
- Improve health and wellbeing.
What they do not fund:
- Applications from individuals
- Projects which duplicate services
- Staff salaries & management costs
- Purchase of vehicles
- General appeals/fundraising/overseas travel
- Schools/registered social landlords
- Purchase or consumption of alcohol.
For any queries, please contact Cheryl Moorhead Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or Austin Grants email@example.com.
For more information, please read the Austin Smith Small Grants Fund Application & Guidance form.