Posts available: 1.
Contract: Permanent (Fixed term funded post).
Salary: £26,966 to £38,163 (Full-time equivalent).
Hours per week: 37 hours.
Days per week: Monday to Friday.
Reporting to: Children’s Services Manager.
Location: Home Based with extensive travel around the region (North – covering Greater Manchester, Merseyside, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Barnardo’s National Counter Trafficking Service encompasses four distinct services operating in various geographical areas across England and Wales. This includes the Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service (ICTG Service). The ICTG Service is expanding and developing in 2022 and they are pleased to announce some exciting opportunities to join a passionate and experienced national team. They are advertising various different and varied roles working with children and young people and/or with professionals that work directly with children.
Would you like to make a difference in children’s’ lives, be part of their dynamic team and embark on a learning journey with a service that is passionate about seeing positive change in the fight against trafficking and modern slavery in the UK?
To lead and supervise others within the ICTG Service as well as work with children and manage caseload of complex cases if required.
- To manage and lead a team of workers who support children through direct work and/or indirect work enabling them to navigate complex systems, such as social care, immigration and criminal justice as well as health and education
- To take a lead in supporting professionals in identification and appropriate safeguarding of children and young people who have experienced exploitation
- To build relationships and trust with stakeholders and other professionals in the region supporting them to keep children safe and reduce the risk of missing and re-trafficking
- To support ICTGs to make sure that every child who is identified as trafficked in the service has been referred into the National Referral Mechanism
- To proactively raise awareness of trafficking across the ICTG adopter sites
- To be an active part of a thriving and growing management team
- To represent the service at both operational and strategic forums.
To read the full job description and to apply, please visit the Barnardo’s website.