Term: Full time.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £10.51 per hour with additional earning opportunities through successful grant commission once targets are met.
Location: Hope House, Big Help Project, 212H Boaler St, L6 6AE.
Accountable to: Head of Bid Writing.
The Big Help Project is a leading charity addressing financial insecurity, food hardship and homelessness across the Liverpool City Region and beyond. People go to them with all sorts of issues; they may have money, benefit, housing or employment problems and may be facing a crisis, or just wanting to consider their options. Their goal is to help everyone find a way forward and empower people to find a way out of financial hardship.
The Big Help Project is looking for someone who is passionate about social justice and who would enjoy the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives and make the case to donors, trusts and corporate organisations to fund their ongoing work. Direct relevant experience is not essential and they will welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of writing experience which is not necessarily in the field of bid-writing.
- This will be a wide ranging role with significant opportunities working closely with the Big Help’s lead Bid Writer and other key members of SMT to research potential funders whether individuals, grant-giving bodies, corporates or other organisations.
- Lead on bid writing and applications in line with operational and organisational requirements; ensuring deadlines for new applications and reporting are met.
- Building a detailed understanding of all Big Help Project service delivery streams to identify projects and activities of interest to funders.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing and potential funders through regular correspondence and careful database management where appropriate.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing and potential partner organisations. Developing a keen understanding for the nature of the relationship between and the Big Help Project and a host of external third sector, community and private sector organisations and understanding how these organisations contribute to and further the work of the Big Help Project.
- On occasion, and with prior authorisation from line manager and relevant stakeholders, complete funding applications on behalf, or in partnership with, relevant external organisations to support joint service delivery between The Big Help Project and partners.
- Undertake research as required to compile available funding lists and produce project briefs. Completing applications in a timely manner to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Securely store all relevant files, bank statements and proof of payments (defrayment) to ensure you meet monitoring and grant reporting deadlines.
- Provide grant administration support for grants received from a range of funders including trusts and foundations, the Big Lottery Fund, central and local government.
- Coordinate with the Big Help Project’s accountant and finance teams to ensure that Big Help Project grant funds and donations received are recorded accordingly and on in house financial system.
- Ensure all grant makers are promptly thanked within standards set for response times.
- Maintain up to date and accurate paper and electronic files on funders and prospects.
- Account manage and build relationships with relevant funders ensuring all donors are canvassed in a relevant way, and provide monitoring, evaluating and reporting as necessary.
- Keep up to date with project development and communicate progress to funding bodies where required, including via email communication, phone calls, Teams/ZOOM meetings and in person events.
- Where relevant, arrange for prospects and donors to visit the work of the charity.
- When asked, ensure accurate and appropriate filings are reported to the Charity Commission and/or the Companies House to enable the Big Help to put its best foot forward with grant applications.
- Receive regular supervision and attend training as agreed with line manager.
- Any other duties reasonably asked of you by the line manager.
For more information, contact Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about this position and to apply, please visit Indeed.
Closing date: TBA.Back to blog