Salary: £50,000 per annum plus performance-related bonus.
Reports to: Board of Directors.
The Black United Representation Network (BURN) is a community interest company with a remit to increase the number of Black leaders in senior decision making positions, enhance Black businesses contract readiness, and grow trade links with Africa and the Caribbean.
They are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Managing Director who is a passionate advocate of diversity and has extensive experience of success in business.
Reporting to the Board, the ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational leader
- Be an excellent negotiator
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Develop and implement our strategic plans
- Be a proven fundraiser
Managing Director Responsibilities:
Your duties will include:
- Full responsibility for the performance of the company
- Developing and implementing BURN’s vision and long-term objectives in line with Board and shareholder aspirations
- Controlling and overseeing all business operations and being accountable for overall business success
- Growing income to meet BURN’s challenging agenda thereby improving the circumstances of people of African and Caribbean descent in the North of England
- Effective management of BURN’s human and financial resources
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Establishing relationships with industry and marketing experts
- As their organisation is public facing, you will build BURN’s public profile through networking, conferences, and speaking engagements
- Effective resourcing of the Board so it can anticipate change and promote growth
For more information and to apply, please visit the BURN CIC website.