Changing Lives are looking for both male and female Project Support Volunteers to support the Red Umbrella Project with a variety of day to day and evening tasks, including outreach, drop in support, net-reach, and administration duties. There are four positions available.
Key responsibilities are:
- To support with outreach and drop in sessions across Merseyside
- To support staff with administration duties, data entry, designing information posters/leaflets, filing, and printing
- To help with enquiries regarding the welfare of sex workers across Merseyside, establishing supportive relationships with clients, and assisting clients to report crimes against them
- To provide peer mentoring where appropriate
- To ensure that suitable confidentiality and data protection procedures are followed at all times
- To liaise with service users, Support Workers, and other staff members on a regular basis
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- Good communication and listening skills
- Understanding of confidentiality and boundary issues
- Empathy and a non-judgemental approach towards service users
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to adhere to organisational policies and procedures
- Work cooperatively with other members of staff
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives
Monday to Sunday, flexible hours with evening and weekend availability.
Merseyside, including the Wirral.
Volunteer Induction, supervision with contact person, and mentoring from staff.
Volunteers will make a difference (directly or indirectly) to the people the Red Umbrella Project works with. They will benefit from helping or supporting other people, using existing or learning new skills, gaining confidence, being creative, responding to challenges, and being with other people. They may feel satisfaction from playing a positive role in someone else’s life, as well as gain valuable experience for their CV. Above all else, they will have fun and enjoy their experience.
Travel expenses, teas, coffees are also provided.
Volunteers need to attend all training programmes provided, and must be over the age of 18.
Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU.Back to blog