Term: Full time.
Hours per week: 35 hours.
Reporting to: Advice Service Coordinator.
Location: Various locations around Liverpool and from home.
Citizens Advice Liverpool is a charity that provides free, confidential and impartial advice to people who live and work in the city. They depend on a workforce of paid staff and over 70 trained volunteers. They give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. They are the leading provider of advice and advocacy services in Liverpool and have helped clients with over 106,000 issues in 2022/2023.
The aim of Advice Service Supervisor is to maintain a consistent quality of advice and help for clients by providing support, guidance and feedback on a day to day basis. There are 3 main areas:
- ensuring quality – actively supporting the quality of advice by guiding the team to information sources, checking that all aspects of a client’s situation have been considered, checking that follow up work is progressed, and that research and campaigns issues are identified
- providing support – actively supporting each team member to develop their skills and competences, by explaining, guiding, demonstrating, encouraging, suggesting, coaching, giving constructive feedback and challenging appropriately – adapting the level of support to individual competence and need, and taking account of the team as a whole
- managing the practicalities – overseeing and managing all practical issues relating to the session – allocating the team to face-to-face work or other communication methods, checking waiting times or interview lengths, and if necessary, dealing with client or Citizens Advice emergencies.
As well as a competitive salary CAL also provides access to:
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays (with an additional day per year after 4 years’ service up to a maximum of 32 days plus bank holidays)
- Hybrid Working Scheme
- Interest-free travel loans
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lifestyles Gym Membership (20% corporate discount)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave pay
- Free VDU eye care test
- Professional and advice sector recognised training.
Deadline: 4 January 2024.
Interviews: w/c 8 January 2024 on Teams.
Contact Details: email@example.com.Back to blog