Posts available: Several roles available including part time.
Term: Full time and part time.
Hours per week: 35 hours. Full time flexibility on part time hours if required.
Reporting to: Money Advice Supervisor.
Location: Various locations around Liverpool and from home.
Citizens Advice Liverpool is a charity that provides free, confidential and impartial advice to people who live and work in the city. They depend on a workforce of paid staff and over 70 trained volunteers. They give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. They are the leading provider of advice and advocacy services in Liverpool and have helped clients with over 106,000 issues in 2022/2023.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide casework covering the full range of debt advice and ensure income maximisation via in person advice and digital channels.
- Provide outreach advice in Torus Foundation, Citizens Advice buildings and home visits.
- Provide advice and case updates to Torus Foundation staff members via a staff helpline building positive relationships.
- Act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning creditors
- Negotiate with and signpost/refer to third parties as appropriate.
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies and courts as appropriate.
- Provide advice and assistance to other staff across a range of debt issues.
- Ensure that all casework conforms to the Financial Conduct Authority and Debt Advice Quality Framework in relation to own casework.
- Ensure that all work meets the quality standards of the AQS general help level quality standard, the Citizens Advice quality assurance scheme and the Money and Pensions Service quality framework.
- To meet the individual performance targets and engage positively in discussions with line manage to maintain required levels.
- Provide regular reports and feedback to the Line Manager as required.
- Assist with social policy work by providing information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
- To work as part of the Torus Foundation project team and contribute to effective service provision.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the line manager 3.
- Keep up to date with Citizens Advice Aims, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed.
- Ensure that work reflects and supports the Citizens Advice service’s equality, diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for your own health and safety and that of colleagues.
- Identify own learning and development needs and take steps to address these with your Line Manager, including engaging in team meetings and supervision sessions.
- Carry out any other tasks within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
Deadline: 17 January 2024.
Interviews: W/C 24 January 2023 on Teams.
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to blog