Citizens Advice Liverpool (CAL) is a charitable company, in the process of being established through the merger of four separate Citizens Advice organisations in Liverpool, which collectively deliver a full range of advice services across the City of Liverpool. CAL has been formed to continue and improve the quality and effectiveness of advice services to clients in the challenging context of increasing demand and reducing funding.
CAL is looking to recruit skilled and experienced individuals to join the Board of Citizens Advice Liverpool.
The charity is actively seeking people with the ability to take on the specific roles of Chair and Treasurer. A number of trustee vacancies are also available.
These are rewarding roles for the right candidates who will play a key role in establishing, developing and providing sound governance to CAL through an initial period of change and challenge, whilst also ensuring the future sustainability and strategic direction of the service. Please note that none of these roles are remunerated.
- Expected to be a leader, spokesperson and ambassador for Citizens Advice Liverpool and to represent Citizens Advice Liverpool at external meetings and events where appropriate
- Spend time outside of Board meetings developing their own knowledge and understanding of the local services and building strong relationships with stakeholders
- You will have gained substantial experience as a Chair/Trustee or equivalent and possess the strategic skills to support the vision and future development of CAL
- Guide and advise the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements within a relevant financial policy framework
- Ensure that all Board members have a clear understanding of their financial duties and responsibilities as well as the accounts presented and the implications they reveal
- You have strategic vision, independent judgement and a willingness to give time and commitment to being a Trustee of Citizens Advice Liverpool
- You have legal, marketing and HR experience at a senior level
- The aim is to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees, so applications are welcomed from all sections of the community
For more information about the roles, contact Alison Gibbon, Vice Chair on 07722 663250. Please specify which Trustee role(s) you are applying for when completing the application form.
Closing date for Chair or Treasurer applications: Tuesday 6 December 2016
Interviews for Chair or Treasurer: Wednesday 21 December 2016
There is no specific deadline for Trustee applications but the aim is to fill these vacancies by 31 January 2017. All interviews will take place by arrangement with shortlisted applicants.Back to blog