Claire House Children’s Hospice is looking for a Business Trustee to join their professional and forward-thinking Board. They will be instrumental in driving the organisation forward, striving to achieve Claire House’s vision: Every dying child, and their families, will get the very best support when and where they need it.
Over the next 2 years and beyond, Claire House is seeking to transform the way they work post-pandemic. This includes ensuring their services are fit for the future. This encompasses the model of care they provide, the facilities they develop across their catchment area of Merseyside and neighbouring counties and the funding and infrastructure required to support their work. As a result of the planned succession, Claire House is looking for a trustee to inform and guide the charity’s future strategy, as well as undertake the overarching governance responsibilities of a trustee.
- Claire House is looking for an individual with significant commercial experience ideally within the community in which Claire House serves.
- The role is to be a trustee first and foremost, with the ability to operate at a strategic level.
- They will bring with them experiences and/or knowledge of how both businesses and charities operate in order to achieve their aims.
- They will be a champion of investing in the development of the organisation with a keen eye for commercial opportunities (such as retail and fundraising income generation) and be comfortable with taking calculated risks in order to further the charity’s aims.
- They will have experience and/or knowledge of governance and the role of the Board in partnership with the Executive Team.
- They will work particularly closely with the CEO and the Director of Income Generation and Volunteering.
Claire House has an annual requirement for trustees to represent the organisation at:
- 4 Trustee meetings
- 2 Income Generation and Comms Committee meetings
- 2 Audit and Risk Committee meetings
- 2 Audit meetings
- A maximum of 2 ‘away days’ which the trustees set aside to discuss long term strategic issues outside of the board room.
There are many other opportunities for trustees to become more involved in over time as their role develops.
If you are interested in this role, please contact David Pastor, CEO, for an informal conversation about the role. You can either call: 0151 334 4626 or email: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 9 August 2021.
First stage interviews will take place week beginning 27 September 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Claire House website.Back to blog