Claire House Children’s Hospice is looking for a Care Focused Trustee to join their professional and forward-thinking Board. They will be instrumental in driving the organisation forward, striving to achieve Claire House’s vision: Every dying child, and their families, will get the very best support when and where they need it.
Over the next 2 years and beyond, Claire House is seeking to transform the way they work post-pandemic. This includes ensuring their services are fit for the future. This encompasses both in the model of care they provide and the facilities they develop across their catchment area of Merseyside and neighbouring counties. As a result of the planned succession, Claire House is looking for a trustee to inform and guide the charity’s future strategy, as well as undertake the overarching governance responsibilities of a trustee.
- Claire House is looking for a medical, nursing or healthcare professional, who has significant experience in children’s healthcare and experience of (or an interest in) children’s palliative care.
- The role is to be a trustee first and foremost, with the ability to operate at a strategic level.
- They will bring with them experiences and/or knowledge of providing care for children and young people with life-limiting / life-threatening illnesses. This includes care in the last days and hours of their lives, as well as support for their families.
- They will have knowledge of the changing healthcare environment. They will need to be able to grasp the important strategic issues and challenges which children’s hospices face in providing effective holistic palliative care.
- They will work particularly closely with the Director of Clinical Services, who has responsibility for informing the board of its care-related strategic options.
Claire House requires the trustees to represent the organisation at:
- 4 trustee meetings a year
- 4 Clinical Governance Committee meetings
- 2 ‘away days’ which the trustees set aside to discuss long term strategic issues outside of the board room.
There are many other opportunities for trustees to become more involved in over time as their role develops.
If you are interested in this role, please contact David Pastor, CEO, for an informal conversation about the role. You can either call: 0151 334 4626 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 9 August 2021.
First stage interviews will take place on 6 October 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Claire House website.Back to blog