Term: 10 months contract (subject to funding)
Hours: 20 hrs per week
Salary: £18k per annum (pro rata)
Location: Suite 3.3, The Tempest Building, L2 2DT (and online)
Responsible to: the project manager and management team.
You: will thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment, be highly motivated, with a passion for raising the voices of marginalised youth. We’re seeking someone creative, quick-thinking, charismatic, collaborative and driven, someone with a track record of administration and outreach work. You will have a strong moral compass, experience of taking action to fight oppression, and a proven commitment to building people’s capacity to challenge the injustices around them and within their own heads and hearts.
Your challenge: we are on the hunt for an admin and outreach worker within CY (relating to supporting our core projects), based within Liverpool City centre, with skill, passion, and originality. Your mission will be to recruit, develop and support marginalised youth aged 8-25 to engage with our programmes. An important aspect of this role will be to support our management team via office and administrative tasks.
Background: Comics Youth CIC is an innovative non-profit that delivers comics-based literacy and wellbeing projects for disadvantaged children and young people aged 8-25 within Merseyside and the wider Knowsley Borough. The overall ethos of the organisation is to break down participation barriers for marginalised groups including looked after children, LGBTQIA young people, care leavers, young carers and young people experiencing complex mental ill health within the Liverpool City Region to make, create and publish comic books about salient community issues. Sessions are delivered within safe, inclusive and indiscriminate community venues.
· Outreach work with schools, colleges, and youth groups and youth services across the region.
· Recruit young people to our projects through traditional and innovative means.
· General office administration.
· Responding to emails and phone calls.
· Maintaining accurate records and databases.
· Liaising with participants, partners, parents/guardians and suppliers by email, phone or face to face.
· Retention calls and communication with children, young people and their parents or guardians.
· To support the development of existing projects and partnerships that complement the offer we provide.
· Website support.
· To conduct appropriate research to inform our work.
· Creating and sending digital newsletters.
· Providing administrative support for merchandise and fundraising projects.
· Social media marketing, in line with our marketing strategy. This might include content creation including developing sharable images, GIFs, short videos, and writing blogs/pieces for our website.
· To have a strong commitment to the values of equality, LGBTQIA rights, and youth and community work, and the values held by Comics Youth CIC.
· To comply with Health and Safety requirements, including having an awareness of personal responsibilities to maintain a safe working environment.
· To comply with all other policies and procedures of Comics Youth CIC.
· Other tasks reasonably assigned.
How to apply
To apply, send a CV and a supporting statement (in either a Word Doc or PDF format), addressing how you would be suitable, to email@example.com by 11 pm on Wednesday the 23 of June.
Deadline: Wednesday the 23 of June (11pm)Back to blog