Marketing and Communications Officer
Salary: £18k pro rata
Hours: 15 per week
Contract Length: 1 year in the first instance (pending funding)
Comics Youth CIC was founded in 2015 and is an organisation led by young people, for young people. It is a registered Community Interest Company based in Knowsley.
The post of Communications and Marketing Officer is an exciting and dynamic position that will be integral to the development of Comics Youth CIC’s core mission and objectives. The post-holder will support management to expand Comics Youth CIC within the Liverpool City Region and attain support for its publishing arm, Marginal CIO.
Comics Youth is looking for a skilled, experienced and passionate communications and marketing officer who can provide marketing and communications, advice, support and guidance to the team, whilst taking the lead on developing and implementing a range of communications and campaigns. In this important role within the organisation you will have the responsibility to market and positively promote Comics Youth CIC, its projects, its staff, and most significantly its young people to diverse audiences on a regional and national scale, utilising a range of communication outlets and media platforms. With a strong ability to plan robust communications strategies and campaigns, you will work closely with Comics Youth CIC’s delivery team during the planning stage of new initiatives, particularly in support of funding applications or investment pitches, to embed objectives, actions, targets and measures intended to bring maximum exposure to project activities at various stages.
Positive, confident, highly creative and intuitive, you will be skilled in supporting the developing of Comics Youth’s fundraising campaigns and marketing collateral that connects diverse audiences of prospective donors, investors and partners, with targeted messaging and imagery that is both stimulating and compelling.
Lead Youth Mentor
Salary: £18k per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Length: 10 months
The post of Lead Youth Mentor is an exciting and dynamic position that is integral to the development of Comics Youth CIC’s core mission and its objectives. The post-holder will support Management to expand Comics Youth CIC within the Liverpool City Region and provide an integrated package of proactive and reactive support for young people aged 8-25, with a focus on youth participation and youth voice.
- To play a positive and proactive role as a member of a small team to ensure the successful implementation of Comics Youth projects to design and deliver a range of comic book and zine creation sessions targeting young people at risk and marginalised aged 8-25.
- Identify and recruit 25 YP who fit within our key target groups of programmes across the Liverpool City Region to engage in our Marginal Leadership programme.
- To design and deliver outreach programmes and initiatives which enhance young people’s active participation in the issues, services and decisions that impact on young people’s lives.
- To provide comic book intervention programmes, on both a 1-2-1 and group work basis.
- To provide appropriate training to build the capacity of young people and other volunteers who have a role in supporting youth work activities.
- Develop publicity materials for the project, such as leaflets and posters, and make written contributions for the comics youth website, newsletter and other publications.
- To develop and implement and integrated marketing campaign relating to Comics Youth CIC’s varied activities and events (including Zine newsletter, website, blog, Tumblr, emails and social media).