Comics Youth is a Social Enterprise that delivers comics-based literacy and wellbeing projects for disadvantaged children and young people within Merseyside. The overall ethos of the organisation is to break down participation barriers and make projects accessible for children and young people aged 8-18 through delivering comic book creation and guided reading sessions in safe, inclusive and indiscriminate community venues. (For more information please visit www.comicsyouth.co.uk)
Comics 180! is a BBC Children in Need funded project that will engage young people with disabilities within the Liverpool area to create, design and publish original comic books and zines regarding their disability status, salient community issues and topics of interests that are important to them.
The organisation is currently recruiting for the following post:
Youth Mentor (3-year fixed term contract)
Salary £18k pro rata
Hours: 20 hours per week
Main duties: Support the delivery of a Comic Book, Zine creation and literacy project by co-developing and delivering sessions in conjunction with children and young people:
- With support of the Project Manager to engage, recruit, and support the hardest to reach young people through multimedia, comic book creation, zine and involvement in digital and print media hubs
- Support young people to attain AQA qualifications.
- Administer and track the progress of children and young people’s individual AQA progress and attainment.
- Facilitate the participation of young people in the planning, development, design and implementation of all projects available to them.
- Design comics and zines to support young people.
- Take part in commissioned opportunities to increase the sustainability of the organisation.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 16 of April 2019
For a copy of the job description and details on how to apply, e-mail email@example.com or call Rhiannon Griffiths on 0752 536 9624 and leave a message.