Crisis, a national charity for people experiencing homelessness is currently looking for driver volunteers for the 2021 Christmas period. They are looking for experienced drivers with access to their own vehicles to support their delivery service to Crisis members. You will work closely with staff and other volunteers to ensure the safe and timely delivery of packages such as hampers and wellbeing packs.
Ideally, you will have a good knowledge of the surrounding areas, and for insurance purposes, you must have a full driving license, have access to your own vehicle, have insurance that covers you for voluntary activities, have no more than 6 points and be 18+.
Time Commitment: Various dates throughout December 2021.
Core tasks and what you will achieve:
- Transporting hampers, packs and other goods to members’ addresses
- Checking in and out of your shifts with your supervisor
- Reporting to your supervisor any concerns raised during shifts or any failed deliveries
- Reporting to your supervisor any concerns raised during calls regarding a person’s wellbeing or safety
- Maintaining client confidentiality
- Following role risk assessment and COVID-19 guidance.
This list is not exhaustive, you could be asked to undertake any reasonable task.
The skills and experience they are looking for:
- Volunteers must be 18+
- Volunteers require access to their own vehicle and suitable insurance cover and details provided to Crisis
- This role is subject to a DBS check
- This role is subject to a DVLA check
- Ability to follow instructions and also take the initiative when required
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries.
You must be non-judgmental, patient and friendly as well as positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Crisis website.Back to blog