Posts available: 1.
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours per week: 35 hours.
Reporting to: Legal Practice Manager.
Location: 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH.
Equality and Employment Law Centre provides comprehensive, supportive, and cost-effective advice and representation to individuals who have experienced dis-crimination in the workplace or wider society. They handle cases involving sectors such as retail, healthcare, banks, local authorities, transport, housing, education, prisons, and other public, third sector, and private bodies.
They are now seeking an experienced Legal Administrator and Call Handler to join their city centre based team. If you are looking for office work, can remain calm under pressure and enjoy providing excellent customer care over the phone, then this role could be for you.
Key to this position is the ability to listen carefully to the details of every call and to speak clearly and calmly with a wide range of callers will also be important. Empathy and excellent customer service skills are required, and ideally, you will have proven experience of working with customers in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to put people at ease and quickly build rapport with callers is necessary, as is a positive, solution focused attitude. You will experience some potentially challenging scenarios so being resilient is key to the role. Multitasking skills will help in this interesting role. You will be working on legal case management systems and call handling systems whilst on the call with clients, logging call details as standard practice. Good computer literacy is a must, and some knowledge of commercial phone systems would be advantageous.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a real desire to help others and who is keen to make a difference to the lives of their clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and respond to a high volume of inbound calls
- Listen carefully to callers’ requirements
- Ensure callers’ requests are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Follow on-screen steps throughout the duration of calls
- Stay calm and focussed in dealing with a variety of callers’ queries
- Adhere to strict procedures and mandatory terminology/scripting
- Always ensure the highest standards of customer care are adhered to
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets as set out and agreed with your line manager
- Liaise with other departments to provide exemplary delivery
- Share best practice knowledge with colleagues to promote continuous improvement.
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately (both verbally and written)
- Excellent writing skills (for logging call details on systems)
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- At least 2 years’ experience of office work or call centres is essential
- Fundamental computer skills (Microsoft office and knowledge of CRM systems)
- The ability to follow predefined processes and structured or scripted questions and responses.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Denika Gilbert via firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your experience meets the functions and requirements of the role.
Deadline: 5 PM on Monday 12 February 2024.
Contact Details: 0151 237 2664.Back to blog