Design Hops are the first step for charities exploring the role of digital in their services. By demystifying technology and design approaches, this free half-day creative workshop builds confidence and motivation to take the next step, as well as focus on what that immediate next step should be for each organisation.
Who are they for?
People working in established nonprofits who are interested in exploring the role of digital. Ideally, we’re looking for decision-makers, who will be able to put the methods learnt directly into practice and are in a position to further develop their ideas, e.g. through grant-funding applications. You should also have a good understanding of your charity’s existing services and the challenges in providing them.Unfortunately these workshops are not suitable for organisations with an income below £10,000.
How does it work?
An energetic and practical half-day workshop where you will unpack a key organisational challenge, map existing responses as well as your organisation’s assets, then identify and test points where digital might help.You will leave having drafted the outline of a brief that can be used to approach tech partners or as the basis of a pitch to relevant funding opportunities. You’ll also be connected to local networks, experts and tools that can support the next step of your digital journey, as well as live funding opportunities, where relevant.
Attendees will gain:
- Understand what ‘digital’ means, how it can help and how it might be approached in your organisation
- Set achievable goals and simple actions for digital progress
- Meet and network with peers in your area who are tackling some of the same challenges.
- See examples of how digital approaches have helped other charities become more resilient and responsive to the needs of their service users
- Learn simple exercises and tools you can use and share with colleagues immediately
- Identify elements of your current service and networks that you can draw on to help manage change.
- Identify and prioritise a key problem that can be addressed with digital
- Before the end of the workshop we will have helped you hone in on a specific next step to take that will enable you to test some key assumptions around that problem
- Maintain momentum through a range of follow-up opportunities with CAST and their network
Monday 4th March 2019
Liverpool Charity and Voluntary Services
151 Dale Street, Liverpool