Wednesday 7 February 2018, 5.30-7.30pm – 151 Dale Street.
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your network of contacts, share intelligence with your peers and build new alliances? If so, Charity Networking, organised by Liverpool & Sefton Chambers of Commerce, LCVS and the Institute of Fundraising North West is for you.
With grant funding reducing, third sector groups are under increasing pressure to diversify their income sources. One of these sources is through event based fundraising. Raising money is this way can provide a number of benefits, including generating income that is often unrestricted and so can be used for a range of purposes that helps your organisation. However it is not without its pitfalls.
Delivered by John McCormack, LCVS Funding Advisor, this event will provide delegates with:
- Overview of events fundraising
- Pros and cons of in-house vs. using a third party
- Breakdown of the types of event fundraising and the associated risks, from informal, small scale large scale event and sponsorship/challenges
- Corporate events – how to attract and develop partnerships
- Community events – how to engage individuals to fundraise, promote opportunities, use sponsorship, online giving tools and gift aid.
Prior to his role in LCVS, John McCormack spent 6 years working for a local children’s charity, running a wide range of fundraising events. Successes include:
- Raising over £450,000 from 3 bespoke overseas challenges, engaging local businesses and the community as participants
- Securing long term relationships with local businesses such as Arriva North West resulting in substantial funds and in-kind support for the charity
The event will kick off with the usual networking and refreshments so don’t be late. This event is provided for free, however, places fill up very quickly so make sure you don’t miss out.Back to calendar