Tuesday 15 May 2018, 1-5pm – Liverpool.
Organised by the Hive, this free session is for anyone interested in learning more about co-operatives, particularly enterprises and start-ups, as well as business advisers, researchers, community organisers and others who want to explore the co-operative option.
This event is an interactive exploration of the history and application of the co-operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co-operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co-operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co-operative
Attendees will learn:
- Wide range of different types of co-operative and the sectors they operate in
- Advantages and distinctive features of the co-operative model
- Factors that determine the most appropriate co-operative model for a given enterprise
- Support available to co-operative start-ups and conversions
Attendees should also utilise www.thehive.coop – a website run by Co-operatives UK in partnership with The Co-operative Bank for anyone looking to start or grow a co-operative business.
The Hive online community is another useful resource for new groups, new co-ops and existing co-ops to ask questions, share advice and discuss ideas.Back to calendar