VOLA Consortium and the VS6 Partnership invite voluntary community faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) sector employers from Liverpool City Region to an online briefing session about the Government’s new Kickstart job creation scheme.
The session will run twice:
- Tuesday 13 October, 11:30am – 12:45pm
- Thursday 15 October, 2:30 – 3:45pm
The aims of the online briefing sessions are to:
- Raise awareness of the Kickstart scheme throughout the sector
- Encourage local VCFSE employers to engage with the scheme taking on unemployed people aged 16-24, through Kickstart-funded job placements
- Promote VOLA’s intent to act as an intermediary body, which involves coordinating access to national Kickstart funding for local VCFSE employers, and supporting employability skills development for young people who secure jobs through the scheme (Kickstart is managed by the DWP and an employer needs a minimum of 30 placements to be able to access the scheme directly, hence the need for intermediaries such as VOLA)
- Gauge potential appetite/demand amongst local VCFSE employers to get involved in taking on young people through the scheme
To register for one of the sessions please email email@example.com, stating you name, position, organisation and the date of the session you would like to attend.
A link to the Zoom meeting will be emailed to you the day before the session.Back to calendar