Friday 9 December 2016, 12 – 3.45pm – Merseyside F&RS Training & Development Academy, Storrington Avenue, Croxteth, Liverpool, L11 9AP.
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service (MF&RS) will be recruiting for firefighters in the new year. The service is particularly interested in receiving applications form under-represented groups, e.g. women, members of the black, minority ethnic groups and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups.
Organisations that can assist the service to increase engagement with people from under-represented groups and communicate the role of a firefighter as a choice of a career are invited to this community stakeholder engagement event.
The event will start with light refreshments and the chance for you to find out more about other employment opportunities as well as apprenticeships, training and volunteering opportunities at MF&RS.
The aim of the event is to provide guests with the following information:
- Explain the diverse role of a firefighter at MF&RS
- Shape Your Future – the variety of career development opportunities and the opportunity to gain professional qualifications
- The content of the 23-week trainee firefighter training course
- Making a Difference to Your Community – How MF&RS as an organisation and its operational crews engage with communities to make communities safer and stronger
- Overview of the firefighter selection process
- Feedback – how we can work together
To confirm your attendance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend but would like further information about firefighter recruitment or any other employment, training and volunteering opportunities at MF&RS, contact the Recruitment & Development Team at email@example.com or phone 0151 296 4925.Back to calendar