Wednesday 12 July 2017, 10am-4pm – Doncaster Rovers Football Ground.
Do you want a say in the future of the North? Join in a debate about fairer, more inclusive growth.
To date, the Northern Powerhouse plans and narrative have focused on transport, infrastructure and business over skills, jobs, the environment and happier, healthier communities. Numerous studies, including from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and RSA, have shown that it does not follow that everyone in the community benefits from strong local or regional economic growth. By focusing mainly on physical or economic growth we will miss the opportunity to transform lives for the better in the North of England.
The aim of this event is to bring about a step change in the debate that puts people and communities at the heart of the Powerhouse plans. The convention invites the diverse community of the North to contribute their combined skills, expertise and influence. The event will debate policy, share best practice and what’s working and create a plan for the future together.
- Dame Louise Casey CB, Director General, Casey Review Team
- Melanie Dawes, Permanent Secretary for DCLG
- Peter Holbrook, CEO Social Enterprise UK
- Karen Finlayson, PWC
- Atif Shafique, RSA, Inclusive Growth
- Alice Webb, BBC North
- Ed Cox, IPPR North
- Fay Selvan, Big Life Group (Big Issue North)
- Jo Miller, President, SOLACE and Chief Executive Doncaster Council
- Neil McInroy, CLES
- Universal Basic Income a Pilot for the North? RSA and RSA Scotland
- How do We Take Back Control of the Northern Powerhouse? IPPR North, the Democratic Society
- Do We Really Need 5 GCSEs to be a Good Employee? Talent Match, GMCVO
- Using Behavioural Insights To Transform Skills And Employment Support, Behavioural Insights Team North
- Community Led Housing, the Empty Homes Doctor, Leeds City Council
- Pink Pounds and Empowering People, Sahir House and Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group