Thursday 13th February 2020 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm, St. Bede’s Centre, Fern Grove, Liverpool, L8 0RZ
Many of us find ourselves in situations where we need to support people in expressing themselves or speaking out. This half-day event will explore how we can do this more effectively and some of the barriers that we might face. It will be of interest to anyone that is concerned about equality and building more inclusive communities. Those involved in any role within health, social, community and pastoral work will find this session to be of particular relevance to their work.
The sessions will include:
- How advocacy or supporting people in speaking up relates to our daily lives and work
- Understanding how conflicts of interest arise and the importance of independent advocacy in avoiding them
- An introduction to the concept of informal advocacy and the various other advocacy roles
- Working holistically to promote and protect human rights
- The history of, and background to, advocacy in Liverpool
The event will be held in St. Bede’s Centre and will be led by Joe Monaghan of the National Coalition of Advocacy Schemes
LCA is totally dependent on voluntary action and donations for its work. Although places are free to individuals, organisations are asked to make a donation of £10 per place to help cover costs.
To book a place, please contact us on 0151 734 5404 or send a completed booking form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a booking form here: Speaking up for others 2020 Booking FormBack to calendar