Cycling Projects is a North West charity with a national network, that aims to make cycling accessible to everyone.
The charity’s Wheels for All programme supports disabled people by providing a range of adapted cycles at regular sessions and the Pedal Away programme brings people together to deliver health and social benefits.
Cycling Projects annual Great Pedal Away festival 2019 will take place on Sunday 22nd September at Aintree Racecourse. This year the event will be bigger and better than ever; there is a 40+ mile challenge for regular cyclists and fundraisers, a 17+ mile ‘light’ ride, an under 8s ride, a family social ride, a Wheels for All disability cycling session, a ditch your stabilisers workshop and a Step Out for Stroke Walk, so something for everyone, and opportunity for local organisations and individuals to get involved.
This community cycling festival has been set up to engage all members of the community and give them a fantastic opportunity to try out bikes, improve their health, meet other people and local organisations, learn to ride a bike and raise funds to make cycling accessible for everyone.
For organisations it’s a great opportunity to:
Raise funds for a good cause and help the local community
- Develop your teams
- Meet your corporate social responsibility commitments
- Promote your business to over 140 challenge riders, other participants, spectators and families
- Raise awareness of your business to your target audience and a fantastic opportunity for consultation, fundraising and recruitment
How to get involved:
- Nominate a staff team or individual to take part in the 40+ mile challenge ride to raise money for Cycling Projects or your chosen charity
- Donate some healthy snacks, promotional freebies, literature or cycling goodies for the Great Pedal Away goodie bags for adults and children
- Volunteer to help us marshal the ride route and the Aintree activities on the day
- Have a stall at the Great Pedal Away to promote your business/organisation to participants and spectators
- Promote the Great Pedal Away through your networks and to your customers