1:30-5pm | 1 December | Online event | Hosted by Drugtrain
This half day course explores the growing use of depressant type drugs. Use of Benzodiazapines and other sedative/ ‘Z’ type drugs is becoming increasingly commonplace. With new groups of users and a strong potential for dependency and overdose, there are significant risks associated with use. This course will give practitioners the confidence to effectively respond to use of these drugs and support people experiencing problems.
- To explore the increasing popularity of Benzodiazepines and other sedative type drugs such as GHB and Gabapentin/Pregablin
- To examine the action of these drugs on the brain.
- To understand how Benzodiazepine and other sedating drugs can lead to and be able to identify the signs of dependency.
- To identify the reasons behind the growing popularity of Xanax amongst young people
- To help delegates develop a clear understanding of how to most effectively assist those clients who wish to stop using these substances
The price of this event is £35.Back to calendar