Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (plus matchdays as required).
Department: Everton in the Community.
Location: EitC Campus.
Responsible to: Director of Finance, Resources and Operations.
Responsible for: Volunteer Co-ordinator, all Volunteers.
DBS Required: Yes.
To be responsible for their Award-Winning Charity’s (EitC’s) Volunteering Programme. To co-ordinate volunteer resources across all Charity programmes and develop effective and efficient recruitment processes to support the Charity’s longer term growth strategy, aims and objectives.
- To develop and coordinate a comprehensive volunteering programme engaging local people from diverse communities in the region. A particular emphasis is to engage with young people and individuals who are looking to develop their skills and wider experience with a view to engaging in the wider job market.
- To facilitate the involvement of various EitC and Everton Club departments in providing diverse volunteering opportunities for participants.
- To liaise with colleagues to create job descriptions for volunteering roles that fall in line with EitC’s organisational and departmental objectives and aim to give volunteers a meaningful volunteering experience.
- To develop effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills, utilising the current intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualifications, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of Everton in the Community.
- To ensure that all volunteers are given a comprehensive induction before commencing their role, allowing them to gain a sound understanding of the organisation’s vision, strategies, policies and procedures. In particular, the requirement to provide a range of volunteering opportunities to ensure volunteers gain wide experience.
- To help each volunteer with personal / professional development and establish a volunteering action plan and mentor each individual to achieve their volunteering goals.
To see the full job description and person specification, please click here.