Term: One year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £19K to £23K dependant on experience.
Location: Speke (must have own transport as travel in involved)
As a community coordinator, your role will focus on the delivery and sustainability of the FareShare Community Food Membership programme; through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in securing, developing and maintaining charity relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare across the region.
The community coordinator will work across their region, with the following key outcomes:
- Charity welcoming and engagement: you will carry out welcome visits to new charities and be responsible for ensuring that KPIs are reached and maintained. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of FareShare’s available food, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community capacity building: as part of the welcome visit and building relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, more often, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and compliance: you will work with your regional development manager and other team colleagues to identify where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity satisfaction and charity compliance. Liaising with your regional centre colleagues and FareShare UK Operations Team, you will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance, providing face to face interventions as necessary. You will also be responsible for undertaking annual food safety checks within the agreed time frame.
- Charity engagement: you will play a key role in maintaining strong charity relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with charities and their representatives, where required. Plus you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant charity and other stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare network engagement: we aim to become ‘one FareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the FareShare Go Team(s) in your area. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Community engagement: you will work with your regional team to ensure that we are continuing to build and grow the FareShare community. You will take an active role in leading community events and networking activities, supported by your regional centre colleagues, volunteers and FareShare UK in the organisation and delivery of these events.
If this sounds like you we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please send in your CV and equal opportunities form send along with a personal statement explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role and return email@example.com
Closing date, Friday 2 October 2020, 5pm.Back to blog