Term: 6 month contract
Hours: 35 hrs
Salary: £22k to £25K pro rata
The volunteer manager is the key point of contact between our volunteers and the organisation.
You will work alongside the regional team and the wider FareShare UK (FSUK) Volunteering Team to provide an experience which is enjoyable, rewarding and safe for our volunteers.
You will be in charge of the volunteer journey from start to finish, with responsibility for all recruitment, on boarding and training, on-going supervision and support alongside administering volunteer records and data systems.
The volunteer manager is also key in developing and delivering a range of volunteer engagement activities throughout the year.
Main areas of responsibility
- Have ownership of volunteer recruitment, reaching out to a diverse range of volunteers, ensuring there are enough suitable volunteers to support operational needs
- Build and maintain partnerships and engagement with existing sources of volunteers within the community (e.g corporate volunteering opportunities)
- Liaise with other Regional Centres and the FSUK Volunteering Team to capitalise on UK wide initiatives
- Deliver the induction training and support volunteers throughout their journey with FareShare
- Help develop and deliver training to ensure volunteers meet their potential and are comfortable and capable in their roles
- Devise and implement an engagement programme which celebrates and recognises the contributions of volunteers in the Regional Centre in collaboration with the FSUK Volunteering Team
- Be the first point of contact for volunteers requiring support and information
- Liaise with regional and national marketing to share volunteer success stories and case studies
- Manage and input engagement and contribution data using the Salesforce Volunteer Management System
Implement FareShare policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Volunteer Management policies and procedures in line with guidance from the FSUK Volunteering Team. Ensure that these are followed by volunteers within the Regional Centre.
- Opportunity to develop new policies or update existing policies in collaboration with the FSUK Volunteering Team.
- Regularly share best practice with other Regional Centres across the network
Make FareShare a destination for volunteering:
- Combine the above responsibilities to ensure that volunteers enjoy what they do, feel proud of their contribution to the FareShare mission and are ambassadors for FareShare as a great place to volunteer!
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter and an equal opportunities form to email@example.com. Please reply with your full name saved in the title of the cover letter and CV as well as in the body of the document.
Closing date 12 February 2021Back to blog