Salary: £26,000 per annum.
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Flexibility in working hours/days will be required, between 7 am – 7 pm.
Location: Speke, Liverpool.
Reporting to: Development Manager.
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 17 independent organisations. Together, they take good quality surplus food from across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups.
The Operations Manager role will have the overall responsibility of managing a small team of full-time staff, supported by volunteers. They will manage the operations of a 200 pallet per month throughput of FMCG and a small fleet of light goods vehicles. They will support the regional development manager in improving efficiency, embedding industry best practices and operational standardisation to meet ambitious targets. They will demonstrate motivational leadership and engaging support with a clear focus on promoting wellbeing.
Main areas of responsibility
- Responsible for excellence in the day-to-day warehouse operations for the site, including QSHE.
- Managing and leading a team of well-trained staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of operational targets to meet agreed KPIs and Service Level Agreements, within approved budgets.
- Line management including regular appraisals, mentoring, coaching and supervision as required.
- Liaising with FareShare’s central support teams on human resources, operational, compliance, finance and food teams.
- Previous experience in warehouse operations and/or FMCG industry.
- Knowledge of H&S in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Diversity and welfare of staff matters (including Mental Health consideration).
- Able to demonstrate being a team player.
- Able to demonstrate thinking on your feet in a fast-moving environment, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with the workforce and other parts of the business.
- Ability to work corporately to the standards sets.
- Proven track record of project management and strategic planning.
- Proven track record of excellent people management.
Competencies and behaviours
- QCF Level 3 award in equivalent to any of: HACCP, Food Hygiene, Logistics / Supply Chain Operations or H&S.
- Current, clean driving licence.
- Experience in leading a team, with an understanding of equality and diversity.
- Leadership management skills, including the ability to motivate and develop people to deliver high levels of performance.
- High-level communication skills and ability to engage at all levels with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and demonstrable risk assessment capabilities.
- IT literacy, including using Microsoft applications.
- Experience in financial management, including control over income and expenditure and performance measures.
- Working with and developing volunteers who may feel vulnerable or need support.
For more information and to apply for this role, please submit your CV, cover letter and the Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com to be considered for the position. You can get an Equal Opportunities form by emailing them.
Interview details to be confirmed.Back to blog