CodeYourFuture, a non-profit that supports refugees and disadvantaged individuals to become developers, is now recruiting for a free 8-month coding school. The school is for people from a variety of disadvantaged backgrounds, including:
- asylum seekers and refugees
- people with disabilities
- people with less than 8 years of formal education
- people with a household income of less than the living wage
There are 20 scholarships available for our next course, which is due to start around the end of October 2019. Scholarships cover all course costs, however, the course takes place in Manchester and applicants must be able to travel to Manchester city centre once a week. Students do have access to additional support, including the cost of travel to and from classes. No prior experience is required.
Do you know anyone eligible, with a dream of becoming a software developer?
In order to be eligible for the course, students require the following:
- Desire to learn and become a software developer
- To complete all steps of the application process within approximately the next five weeks
- Good level of English
- Full availability on Saturdays for weekly in-person classes
- Ability to commit to over 30 hours of homework throughout the week for 6 months
- Be able to travel to Manchester City Centre every Saturday for the duration of the course
- Be at least 18 years of age
Anyone interested can learn more and apply here: https://codeyourfuture.io/students/Back to blog