Turn2us is a national charity providing practical help for people who are struggling financially. The organisation is hosting two free workshops aimed at staff and volunteers who are working with people that are struggling to get by.
There are two opportunities, coming up in Liverpool, to learn how to use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator Grants Search tool. 2019 dates are 26/06/2019 and 11/09/2019.
Both sessions will be held at 109 Great Mersey Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L5 2PL and will teach attendees:
- To use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator using case studies so that you can use the calculator yourself
- How to do a better off calculation quickly
- Use our Grants Search tool which currently has approximately 1,600 grants on it with financial and non-financial support
- Write a successful grant application and what most funders look for in an application
- Where to access resources on Universal Credit, PIP, debt advice, information for homeless people and more
By the end of a workshop they expect all attendees to have a good knowledge of the Turn2us online tools and to have learnt about the support they offer on their website. With a bit of practice, a benefits calculation can be completed in approximately 7 minutes so long as the client’s information is all to hand.
Back to blog