The OneFamily Foundation has opened the Community Awards for local schemes, projects and initiatives to gain funding of up to £25,000. If you know, volunteer or work with a local project that’s trying to do something amazing for the people in your community, now’s your chance to give it a financial boost.
You’ll need to be an OneFamily customer to nominate a project for a Community Award, but don’t worry if you’re not – OneFamily has over 2 million customers, so you can get involved by finding a one who can nominate a project on your behalf. Ask your friends, family and colleagues if they are customers and if they’d be able to get behind your project.
Each project can apply for one of three funding levels:
- Up to £5,000
- Up to £10,000
- Up to £25,000
All projects must be based in the UK and fit one of the following categories:
- Health, Disability & Social Care – Projects that help people with mental health problems, learning or physical disabilities or those in respite care
- Lifelong Learning – Projects that encourage people of all ages to learn something new and develop their skills
- Active Living – Projects that help people of all ages to enjoy a fitter, happier lifestyle
- Community Groups – Projects that help to make a positive difference for those in the community
The winners in each category, per funding level, will be determined by a public vote, with up to 32 projects with the most votes claiming funding.
- Nominations close on Wednesday 19 July 2017, midday
- Voting opens on Wednesday 9 August 2017, midday
- Voting closes on Wednesday 6 September 2017, midday
- Winners announced on Wednesday 20 September 2017