Hours: 35 hours Full time. Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm, (inclusive of 1hour break). Evening & Weekend on occasions.
Salary: £22,658 p.a.
Location: Time Out Café & Conference areas within Greenbank Sports Academy and the wider Greenbank Estate.
Greenbank provides a variety of educational services for people from within and around the Liverpool City Region. We are particularly supportive of providing relevant opportunities for disabled people and other disadvantaged groups.
There are exciting times for Greenbank as we are currently developing our strategy to take us through the next five years. Our vision is to transform lives through challenging perceptions and inspiring self-belief.
To help with our continued development, we are looking to recruit a Café Catering and Development Manager to lead our catering team in our Time Out Café facility based in our Sports Academy. In addition, the post holder will help facilitate student placements within the Time out Café to ensure they experience working in a real working environment.
The role would suit someone experienced in team leadership and student assessment within the hospitality and service sector at levels 1 & 2.
– To manage a team to provide effective operation of catering and conference requirements of the Time Out Café and conference service areas, during opening hours.
– Manage and develop a team to ensure the provision of an excellent customer service experience for all our patrons.
– To assess Greenbank students working towards Industry Qualifications / NVQs, whilst on placement within the Time Out Café service areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
-Responsible for the direction, supervision, performance management, training, and evaluation of team members within the department.
-Develop, coach and lead Time Out Café team to deliver the highest levels of customer service, ensuring the highest quality of product is constantly delivered.
– Set and review standards of service provision and delivery, ensuring all team members maintain desired levels of achievement.
– Support the bar, beverage and kitchen services in the Time Out Café as required, to ensure customer service is maintained.
– Manage and develop food and drink menus to further develop the service. Manage the cost effectiveness of Time Out Café services.
– Supervise and maintain inventory of stocks; processing orders and deliveries for bar and kitchen areas. Putting in place measures to ensure stock security and hygiene requirements are met.
– Produce reports as required, providing updates on operational targets and other reportable requirements as requested, including management of Time Out Café budgets.
– Consistently advocate and strive to exceed guest expectations and provide the highest level of service.
– Build and maintain healthy business relations with clients ensuring high customer satisfaction; establish systems / procedures thereby contributing in a major way towards growth and profitability levels.
– Ensure that the department is run in compliance with all company policies, rules, and regulations. Review and implement new procedures as required to ensure Time Out Café is run effectively and adheres to all legislation in respect of conference, food and beverage services provided. This includes all food hygiene and health & safety requirements.
– Assessing students in catering and associate delivery services up to NVQ level 2 and 3.
– To observe, mark, assess and review the work of the learners and ensure that the learners are working to required standards to achieve their qualifications.
Additional vacancy details
The Café facility is open 7 days a week, including daytime and evening opening. The job holder hours of work will primarily be 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, but there will be a requirement to cover Café opening times during the evenings and weekends as required, for example this may be to facilitate large sporting events and private parties/functions.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply and further information please follow this link to visit the Greenbank website.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 16 March 2020, 9amBack to blog