Hours: As and when required. Term time only working.
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
To help with our continued development, we are looking to recruit a number of casual learning coach / support workers to our casual workers register. As a casual worker you could be contacted to work various hours as required during term time, possibly at short notice. There is no commitment by you to work any hours that may be offered, so it may appeal to you if you are looking for a more flexible working arrangement.
The ideal candidates will combine strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take a ‘hands on’ approach when required. Above all they must want to make a difference to the lives of young people and vulnerable adults.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience to undertake this role and want that flexibility as to when you are available to work, then this role may be just what you are looking for and we want to hear from you.
The post holder is responsible for supporting students during education/vocational learning sessions and work placements and for providing on course assistance/support to tutors during sessions. You will also be responsible for some personal care needs including feeding, use of toilet, changing, hoist etc, where this enables access to learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Support students during learning sessions/activities and work together with tutors in the delivery of learning opportunities.
– Undertake break and lunchtime supervision as required.
– To develop a flexible working practice to achieve students identified and agreed learning objectives.
– To provide personal care if required to facilitate access to learning.
– Liaise with relevant staff across the organisation and relevant external agencies contributing to the student’s individual action plan and agreed learning/work goals.
– Take an active role in the student review process supporting the student, tutor and student’s representative in contributing to the learning process.
– Responsible for undertaking job task analysis whilst supporting students on work placement and work with students to ensure they can proficiently undertake each element of the job.
– Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
– Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
– Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
– Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
– To comply with all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and quality assurance measures.
– Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
Additional vacancy details
This is an opportunity to be included on Greenbank’s casual register. Whilst included on this register, Greenbank does not make any guarantee of offering paid work. Whilst included on the register, casuals are not required to accept any offer of work that may be made to them.
Any offers of work will be for periods during term time and likely to be any number of hours between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply, please visit the Greenbank website.
Closing date: Monday 5 October 2020Back to blog