Term: Full-time, Permanent.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Salary: £20,138 p.a. SCP 21.
Location: Greenbank Project – College and Academy sites. Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG.
The role requires flexibility of start and finishes times during the normal working week (Monday – Friday) and may include the occasional requirement to work weekends.
Situated alongside the picturesque Sefton Park in Liverpool, the Greenbank Project Charity provides a variety of educational and sporting services for people from within and around the Liverpool City Region. They are particularly supportive of providing relevant opportunities for disabled people and other disadvantaged groups.
The job holder will report to the CEO and be responsible for the maintenance of premises and grounds within the Greenbank Estate, to ensure that it is a safe and welcoming venue. They will undertake all relevant estate tests and checks, updating all documentation as required, to ensure compliance with relevant H&S legislation and the well-being of colleagues, service users and visitors.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working as a facilities supervisor/caretaker, possess good interpersonal skills, and have a ‘can do, hands on’ approach.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all maintenance activities to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the Estate buildings and grounds.
- Fully understand the layout and workings of all service/mechanical equipment within the estate. Ensure all such equipment is properly stored, secured, and maintained as per manufacturers and/or legislative requirements.
- Implement planned cyclical programmes to ensure statutory compliance, preventative and maintenance programmes of works are undertaken.
- To manage all maintenance contracts with suppliers. Ensure that any pre-site work documentation such as risk assessments and schemes of work are obtained and agreed upon before work starts. Checks will also require DBS information to be obtained before contractors begin work, in line with safeguarding.
- To undertake regular reviews of emergency procedures and ensure they are fit for purpose. Update procedures taking account of any changes to the estate or personnel on-site, in addition to any legislative changes.
- Ensure all records of checks/repairs/other are recorded and that the records are readily available for inspection by colleagues/external bodies as required.
- To undertake or arrange for a competent person/contractor to undertake building/mechanical checks as required, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and the health and well-being of all estate users. These checks include, but are not limited to, water testing, gas safety, electrical compliance, fire extinguishers, fire alarm, extraction/ventilation machinery, and lift machinery.
- Deliver induction training and regular updates on health and safety issues for staff. This will include direction/actions to take in case of an emergency such as a fire, emergency evacuation, or an accident resulting in an injury.
- To keep all areas clean and tidy at all times, ensuring the estate grounds and premises are in a safe condition to allow students, staff and visitors to undertake their day to day activities in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure all equipment/machinery/handheld tools are stored correctly when not in use.
- To have a high presence within the Estate to ensure all requests are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Manage the security of premises, including testing and operation of security equipment.
- Responsible for the opening of the College.
- Being the primary key holder and the first point of contact in an emergency call-out situation.
- Maintain adequate levels of consumable items and equipment.
- Cleaning of non-routine nature, including the removal of graffiti and spillage during occupation.
- Minor repairs to include internal and external decoration, plumbing, joinery, plastering, glazing, within levels of expected capability.
- Portage duties, receive goods when delivered and distribute to the correct department or location on site.
- Play a prominent role in Greenbank’s Health & Safety committee by guiding and advising on as appropriate. To ensure H&S and contract compliance particularly in relation to Prevent & Protect duties and safeguarding of all.
- Manage the Greenbank vehicle fleet, including the purchasing of road tax, MOT, servicing. Ensure vehicle insurances are in place.
For more information and to apply, please visit Greenbank’s website.
Contact details: email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 2 August 2021.Back to blog