Hours: 35 hours per week. The role requires flexibility of start and finish times during the normal working week (Monday – Friday) and will include the occasional requirement to work weekends.
Salary: SCP 18 – 21 (£18,070 – £20,138pa)
Location: Greenbank – College and Academy sites based on Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG
Greenbank is an independent charity that, for over 35 years, has given young people and vulnerable adults in Liverpool access to some amazing opportunities. Greenbank prides itself on being friendly, trustworthy and out of the ordinary in its approach.
The charity currently has a vacancy for an estate caretaker. Reporting to the estate advisor, the job holder will undertake basic repairs and supervise a team of maintenance operatives to clean and maintain the Greenbank estate, which includes the college and sports academy buildings, ensuring a safe and secure environment for all users. The ideal candidate will have experience of working as a facilities supervisor/caretaker, possess good interpersonal skills, and have a ‘hands on’ approach when required.
To support the management and development of the Greenbank estate. This will include managing premises maintenance requirements as they arise, ensuring that the premises are fit for purpose and meet requirements of health and safety legislation, curriculum and service users.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Supervise maintenance oOperatives to ensure maintenance and cleaning of building and outside areas meet required standards. Liaise with GB estate advisor if any concerns about ability to maintain cleaning standards.
– Manage effective maintenance, repairs and improvements within capability and training, to ensure that equipment is suitable for use and facilities meet required standards.
– Minor repairs to include internal and external decoration, plumbing, joinery, plastering, glazing.
– Security, including testing and operation of the burglar alarm.
– Being a Primary key holder and first point of contact in an emergency call out situation.
– Responsible for custodian duties at times whilst on duty, also maintaining keys in their possession for emergency call out on all designated sites.
– Opening and closing of Greenbank premises, including college and sports academy.
– Maintaining the heating and lighting across all premises.
– Undertake PAT testing across the estate, ensuring all portable electrical appliances are safe to use.
– Health & Safety matters included in standard documents covering working practices.
– Undertake and complete health and safety risk assessments across Greenbank estate.
– Oversight of delivery, use, recording and monitoring of all essential services e.g. gas, oil, water, electricity consumption and have a regard to the need for energy conservation and management.
– Maintaining adequate levels of consumable items and equipment.
– Cleaning and maintaining satisfactory standards of appearance of designated areas not covered by alternative arrangements, e.g. outside areas, drains, boiler houses, stores etc.
– Cleaning of non-routine nature, to include the removal of graffiti and spillage during occupation.
– Portage duties, receive goods delivered and distribute to correct department or location on site.
– Liaise with police and fire officers in the event of damages or community emergency.
– Liaise with contractors and other site visitors as necessary, ensuring works and inspections are completed to the required standards.
– Responsible for the audit of stock control.
– Organise security patrol staff when required.
– Assist GB estate advisor/CEO with fire evacuation procedures (including the testing and resetting of the fire alarm/s).
– Undertake the safety checks in water temperature guidelines and other required checks i.e. legionella.
– Attend Greenbank Health & Safety Committee meetings.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and are not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
Additional vacancy details
Greenbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found here.
How to apply
To apply, visit the Greenbank website.
Completed application forms to be returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22nd June 2020Back to blog