Salary: £21,962 – £24,174 Pro-rata
Location:The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Two-part time positions available:
– ICT Vacancy 1 – Teaching BTEC L1 & 2 Office Applications & Multimedia
24 hrs per week Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
£13,177 – £14,494 (FTE £21,962 – £24,174)
– ICT Vacancy 2 – Teaching C&G Functional Skills E1 – E3
16 hrs per week Tuesday & Wednesday
£8,784 – £9,669 (FTE 21,962 – £24,174)
We will consider one post holder at 40 hours per week.
9.00am – 5.00pm or 8.30am – 4.30pm, inclusive of 1-hour lunch break
These positions are full year posts, we will, however, consider term time only working if it helps the successful candidate.
To develop and support curriculum delivery across ICT programmes. To support initial assessment, teaching performance, student achievement, attendance and retention, target setting, resource development and other quality measures as required by awarding and inspection bodies and funders
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the delivery of the ICT curriculum at entry levels, level 1 and level 2.
2. Responsible for developing lesson plans, schemes of work and tutorial resources to an agreed format for use within the ICT department. To adapt and provide user-friendly resources including interactive resources for the delivery of courses.
3. Assess students in accordance with Awarding Body guidelines; liaising with the appropriate Awarding Body as and when necessary and ensuring compliance with their policies/procedures.
4. Ensure adherence to an efficient student tracking system in compliance with Greenbank’s quality systems and funding body guidelines. Monitor and support student attendance, retention and achievement providing accurate management information as and when required. Take part in evaluating the college Self-Assessment Report (SAR).
5. Undertake administrative duties, maintaining confidential records, monitor, review and evaluate work in line with quality standards.
6. Comply with Greenbank’s confidentiality policies and procedures.
7. Ensure Health and Safety Policy is implemented and maintained.
8. Ensure compliance with equal opportunities and other legislative requirements.
9. Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
10. Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
11. Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
The main duties, qualities, skills, qualifications and experience required:
– Good working knowledge of ICT qualifications, awarding body procedures and the ability to match resources to student needs.
– Hold a recognised teaching qualification and ICT qualification at level 2 or above.
– Good knowledge of existing and evolving ICT systems
– Understanding of national and legislative standards in the Further Education sector including OFSTED Common Inspection Framework and ability to transfer this knowledge into other employment sectors
– Excellent organisational skills, computer and written skills
– Good assessment and diagnostic skills
– Proven communication skills
– To be a team player and have the ability to work on own initiative
– To undergo training as part of an agreed performance review system
– Positive attitude towards equal opportunities and ability to demonstrate commitment to the development of all
– TAQA/ Assessor/ IV Award/ D32/D33/34
– Experience of working with young people, disabled people and unemployed adults
– Experience of delivery in a one to one and small group setting
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 10 February 2020, 9amBack to blog