1 x 15.5 hours per week £8,510 – £9,367p.a.
1 x 11 hours per week £6,039 – £6,647p.a.
Salary: SCP 24 – 27 (£21,962 – £24,174 Pro-rata)
Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Description: Greenbank College, part of the Greenbank Project Charity, provides a variety of educational services for people from within and around the Liverpool City Region. We are particularly supportive of providing relevant opportunities for disabled people and other disadvantaged groups.
Our vision is to transform lives through challenging perceptions and inspiring self-belief. The college offers supportive, inclusive learning opportunities for young people and adults. We offer work related study programmes to people aged 16-18 and up to 24 to those with an EHC Plan as well as courses to adults.
To help with our continued development, we are looking to recruit 2-part time tutors to take forward the development and delivery of our ICT programme, which includes the delivery of BTEC L1 & 2 Office Applications & Multimedia.
The role comprises of teaching and delivering practical lessons, assessing and marking students work, keeping accurate assessment records as well as undertaking personal tutoring and assessments.
The role would suit someone with experience of delivering sessions to diverse groups and a passion of working and developing students of all abilities.
To develop and support curriculum delivery across ICT programmes. To support initial assessment, teaching performance, student achievement, attendance and retention, target setting, resource development and other quality measures as required by awarding and inspection bodies and funders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for the delivery of the ICT curriculum at level 1 and 2.
– Responsible for developing lesson plans, schemes of work and tutorial resources to an agreed format for use within the ICT department. To adapt and provide user-friendly resources including interactive resources for the delivery of courses.
– Assess students in accordance with Awarding Body guidelines; liaising with the appropriate Awarding Body as and when necessary and ensuring compliance with their policies/procedures.
– Ensure adherence to an efficient student tracking system in compliance with Greenbank’s quality systems and funding body guidelines. Monitor and support student attendance, retention and achievement providing accurate management information as and when required. Take part in evaluating the college Self-Assessment Report (SAR).
– Undertake administrative duties, maintaining confidential records, monitor, review and evaluate work in line with quality standards.
– Comply with Greenbank’s confidentiality policies and procedures.Ensure Health and Safety Policy is implemented and maintained.
– Ensure compliance with equal opportunities and other legislative requirements.
– Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
– Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
– Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
Class sessions are provisionally planned for:
Monday morning and afternoon
Thursday morning and afternoon
To cover these sessions, we have two vacancies as follows:
1 vacancy x 15.5 hours per week
1 vacancy x 11 hours per week
Please state in your application which position you are applying for. If you wish to be considered for both positions, you need only complete one application form and state that you are applying for both.
Current college teaching/operating hours
Classes currently run from 9.00am – 4.00pm inclusive of 1-hour lunch break.
College operating hours are from 8.30am – 5.00pm
Flexibility of the above working arrangements may be required to meet the needs of the college going forward. In addition, flexibility may be required to facilitate any changes as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic or other such occurrence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
How to apply
To apply, visit the Greenbank website.
Completed application forms to be returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22nd June 2020Back to blog