Hours: up to 35 hours per week – Term Time only.
Salary:£8.91 per hour.
Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
Situated alongside picturesque Sefton Park in Liverpool, Greenbank College, part of the Greenbank Project Charity, provides a variety of educational services for people from within and around the Liverpool City Region. They are particularly supportive of providing relevant opportunities for disabled people and other disadvantaged groups.
To help with their continued development, they are looking to recruit a number of Learning Support Workers on various hours of work during the term time. The ideal candidates will combine strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take a ‘hand on’ approach when required. Above all, they must want to make a difference to the lives of young people and vulnerable adults.
The post holder is responsible for supporting students during education/vocational learning sessions and work placements and for providing on-course assistance/support to tutors during sessions. You will also be responsible for some personal care needs including feeding, use of the toilet, changing, hoist etc, when this enables access to learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support students during learning sessions/activities and work together with tutors in the delivery of learning opportunities.
- Undertake break and lunchtime supervision as required.
- To develop a flexible working practice to achieve students identified and agreed on learning objectives.
- To provide personal care if required to facilitate access to learning.
- Liaise with relevant staff across the organisation and relevant external agencies contributing to the student’s individual action plan and agreed on learning/work goals.
- Take an active role in the student review process supporting the student, tutor and student’s representative in contributing to the learning process.
- Responsible for undertaking job task analysis whilst supporting students on work placement and work with students to ensure they can proficiently undertake each element of the job.
- Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
- Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
- Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- To comply with all of Greenbank’s policies, procedures and quality assurance measures.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
Further details and application forms are available via the Greenbank website.
Contact details: email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 25 July 2021.Back to blog