Term: Permanent Full-time
Hours: 35 hours per week (excluding meal breaks of 1 hour)
Salary: £22,658p.a. (SCP 25)
Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
Greenbank is looking for a Learning Support Coordinator to co-ordinate the Learning Support Worker team to ensure students have all necessary support to enable them to achieve their goals.
If you have the skills or experience to manage a team, coupled with a passion for removing barriers that may prevent learners achieve their goals, then this may be the role for you.
To support the SEND Manager to provide a support service for students with additional needs or barriers to learning. Responsibilities include being a key member of the safeguarding team and management of Learning Support Workers including the coordination of support timetables in line with funding.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To coordinate a team of Learning Support Workers, including line management and timetabling of support.
2. To be responsible for the safe administration and storage of student medication including liaising with parents/carers and students to regularly review.
3. To carry out risk assessments for students in line with College policies and procedures.
4. To be a key, active member of the safeguarding team.
5. To Support the Education, Health and Care Plan process and annual reviews.
6. To provide welfare themed interventions to students where there are barriers to learning.
7. To work with SEND Teaching and Learning Support Officer to identify barriers to learning and work to overcome these.
8. To support quality and participate in college observation process, specifically focusing on Learning Support Workers.
9. To support IAG with transition days for new students.
10. To maintain accurate records of all interventions and student information.
11. To oversee the safe practice of personal care, ensuring that training needs are identified and stock levels are maintained.
12. To liaise with external agencies such as mental health services, welfare rights and others to ensure students are receiving appropriate support.
13. To undertake administrative duties; maintain confidential records and monitor, review and audit learning support evidence records in line with quality standards.
14. To comply with Greenbank’s confidentiality policies and procedures
15. To comply with Greenbank’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
16. Ensure compliance with Equal Opportunities and other legislative requirements
17. Undergo training as recommended by the line manager
18. Carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team
Additional vacancy details
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The jobholder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply, visit the Greenbank website.
Closing date: Thursday 11 March 2021Back to blog