Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 p.a.
Location: Greenbank Estate – Greenbank Lane L17 1AG
To be the Strategic Lead for Quality and Curriculum at Greenbank, to ensure outstanding delivery to students, as defined by Ofsted.
As Ofsted nominee and a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will be working closely with the CEO and SLT to oversee the implementation of Greenbank College’s journey to excellence.
As strategic lead for college standards and improvement, you will provide leadership and support to staff and challenge them when achievement gaps are identified. You will achieve this by overseeing the annual self-assessment and quality improvement planning process led by the Quality Manager, to ensure that Greenbank College’s ESFA funded provision is on target to achieve a grade 1 (Outstanding) judgement in its next Ofsted inspection.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Development and Compliance
– Lead on timetabling, and oversee the development of our programmes to ensure that they have the right design and operational delivery to overachieve KPIs for all our students.
– Maximise delivery against all contracts and restricted grants in a timely manner.
Developing a Quality Service
– Establish a robust framework (data and procedural) for student management, reporting and communicating on all elements of education and training.
– Ensure all educational delivery achieves as a minimum an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’ aspiring to ‘Outstanding’.
– Work with the CEO to guide the Quality Manager in producing the SAR. Ensure that the QIP is produced and regularly updated taking account of teaching, learning, assessment and support, and that Greenbank College’s intent, implementation and impact, meets the standards set out in the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework. Ensure that teams feed into the production, and lead on driving actions forward.
– Oversee all quality assurance, ensuring that quality policies and procedures are fit for purpose, regularly reviewed and that all staff are equipped and supported to deliver effectively.
– Act as Ofsted nominee.
– Lead on internal audit and compliance of learner files (all programmes).
– Maintain high levels of cross organisation communication to ensure an Ofsted excellent service for both students and other relevant third parties and build an outstanding reputation for service delivery.
Work closely with SLT to ensure that the organisation is always appropriately prepared for Ofsted review.
– Develop through CPD an understanding of the education landscape and the implications of delivery for Greenbank College’s programmes to ensure an excellent service.
– Identify opportunities to improve working across Greenbank’s College and Sports Academy, utilising the skills of team members to continuously improve the student offer.
– Act as Greenbank’s Prevent Lead.
– As part of Greenbank’s safeguarding team, you will be the deputy designated safeguarding officer, acting in the absence of the Designated Safeguarding Officer.
Data Reporting and Compliance
– Lead on Greenbank’s monthly contract and quality reporting, including KPI monthly reports and dashboards and Greenbank’s termly Strategic Ambitions reporting.
– Critically analyse performance data from both a quality and contract delivery perspective, and identifying potential problems before they arise.
– Develop and implement effective performance management systems for delivery of all provision ensuring that concerns about recruitment, retention, achievement and progression are promptly identified and addressed and work with the wider KPI monitoring systems, ensuring that contract targets and requirements are fully met.
– Working closely with the data team, checking data and using it to inform decisions, including reports and data required by stakeholders and other partners.
– Ensure teams are using data effectively to make tactical changes to delivery to improve outcomes for learners.
– Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data.
Leadership and Working in Partnership
– As a senior leader in the organisation, ensure that your team understands the GB’s vision and the role they play in fulfilling it. Create the right environment for organisational success (people/product/process). With SLT, take joint accountability for successes and challenges. Deliver the organisational KPIs and ensure your teams delivers their KPIs.
– Work closely and effectively with all teams across the organisation to ensure that you gain a thorough understanding of Greenbank and the needs of our students, employers, funding partners, local community and the processes that champion the quality of our work. Use that knowledge to develop the strategy for education and training in a way that delivers the organisation’s wider mission and the strategic ambitions set out in our five year plan.
Line Management and Working Collaboratively
– With the English & Mathematics Coordinator and all tutors, support wider curriculum planning, development and course delivery across all programmes and pathways.
– With Information, Advice and Guidance to ensure the right students are on the right courses, recruitment numbers maximise vocational offers and ESFA contracts, and that the Gatsby benchmarks are fully implemented.
– With Placement Officer ensure students gain greater confidence in their employability skills and that all students achieve positive progressions/destinations within their vocational area of study.
With the SEND Business Manager, ensure students receive pastoral and wellbeing support as appropriate to their needs. Ensure that behavioural management strategies are in place to effectively support learners, and that SEN support plans are understood and actioned by tutors and learning support staff.
– With Finance and Resources Team ensure organisational GDPR compliance across the organisation.
– With the Quality Manager:
–support the development of quality systems, particularly in relation to the growth of other ESFA funded programmes (T-Levels, Traineeships etc).
— Increase the number of students on programmes and increase the vocational areas on offer by developing new programme/sectors.
Be responsible for the performance of staff who directly report to you, including their training, appraisals and reviews.
– Manage departmental budgets, organising and co-ordinating the efficient deployment of learning resources and monitoring their effectiveness.
The duties / responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Jobholder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
Applying for this position
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply visit the Greenbank website.
Closing date: Sunday 18 July 2021Back to blog