The Empower Project will take a holistic approach to supporting and empowering disabled people to take full advantage of what Greenbank offers in terms of the outdoors, sport, arts, crafts, training, employment and fitness. This will lead to a healthier and happier disabled community in the Merseyside area.
It will provide individually tailored, flexible programmes that respond to the specific needs and barriers to recreation, employment and training faced by disabled people.
Aims and objectives
- Support 3000 disabled people
- Improve health and fitness by encouraging an active lifestyle
- Reduce health risks
- Take advantage of Greenbank Sports Academy facilities
- Provide individually tailored and flexible programmes
- Offer a wide range of adapted sports and activities
What they can offer
- Outreach programme
- Accessible transport
- Activity sessions
- Training and volunteering opportunities
- Fitness packages
Empower disabled people to get involved in sport and physical activity.
Contact James Dixon on 07946 902 173 (James is deaf so please send texts only) or call 0151 280 7757 to leave a message or speak with James’ interpreter.Back to blog