Hours: Time commitment will include:
- Board of Trustee meetings take place every two months
- Finance Sub Committee meetings take place minimum 4 times per year
Salary: This is a voluntary, unpaid role
Location: Meetings take place at Greenbank, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. All employees are required to be flexible in their approach.
We are looking for passionate, committed and experienced Accountant to join our Board of Trustees in the role of Honorary Treasurer of Greenbank (Registered Charity 513814).
You will have a key role in supporting the organisation to continue to deliver our mission of supporting people to achieve their potential through inclusive education, sport and leisure activities.
You should have a proven record of working at a senior level and will be confident contributing to discussions and constructively challenging the Leadership Team.
To monitor the financial administration of the charity and report to the board of trustees at regular intervals on its state of financial health, in line with best practice, and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements to provide the board with the confidence and knowledge to better make strategic decisions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Honorary Treasurer
– Overseeing and presenting budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to the board of trustees;
– Leading in the board’s duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
– Leading in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost-management and investment policies;
– Liaising where applicable with the appropriate member of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation;
– Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting to the board of trustees;
– Overseeing the implementation of and monitoring specific financial controls and adherence to systems
– Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan;
– Overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process;
– Acting as a counter signatory on the charity cheques and important applications to funders; and Board-level liaison with the independent examiner or external auditors on specific issues such as the Auditors’ – Management Letter and the related board representations.
Critical Areas of Involvement for the Treasurer:
Budgeting and strategic financial planning
The Treasurer must ensure that all strategic plans are fully financially appraised and that the budget is in line with the plan’s short-term objectives as set for each year.
Trustees have a duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, assets are safeguarded and resources are properly applied in accordance with the objects of the charity. The Treasurer should ensure that management accounts are prepared on a regular basis and that there is a target timescale for their production. The Treasurer should also agree with the trustees the type of financial reporting they require and the extent of it. This needs to be done in coordination with the charity’s Finance Lead working through the CEO.
Statutory Financial Reporting
The Treasurer’s task here is to guide and advise fellow trustees in the board’s formal approval of the annual report and audited accounts. Therefore it is important the Treasurer is fully aware of their content, regardless of any involvement in their preparation.
Additional vacancy details
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Contact details: If you are interested in applying for this role please email Mary Beaumont, Greenbank CEO – email@example.com
Closing date: Not setBack to blog