Holiday Activity and Food Programme – July/August and October 2021.
As part of the government-funded holiday activity and food (HAF) programme, over 90 providers across the city have been successful in securing funding to offer free sessions which include sports, music, arts and other exciting opportunities to learn and develop skills, as well as providing a healthy lunch and snacks to the participants. The HAF programme is designed for children who receive benefits-related free school meals but places are available for other children too.
Greenbank has been successful with HAF, and will be delivered as follows:
- 6 week’s delivery throughout the Summer and the October half-term holidays.
- 4 days per week (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday) – Volunteers required to support 9-4pm daily.
Programme Dates: Week Commencing – 26 July, 2 August, 9 August, 16 August, 23 August, 25 October.
Further information can be seen on our Eventbrite page.
To support the Activity Camps, Greenbank is looking to fill the following volunteer HAF Activity Camp Assistants for the duration of the programme:
The role will include the following tasks:
- Supporting with the registration of participants and welcoming them.
- Supporting session delivery e.g. Sport, art & craft, cooking, music sessions.
- Equipment and room preparation/cleaning.
- Safety of camp participants including First Aid and health and safety.
- Supervision of participants during lunch and allocated breaks.
- Supporting other areas as required by the HAF Camp Co-ordinator.
Volunteer expenses will be available as per Greenbank’s volunteer policy.
Applicants should note that the successful candidates will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found on this page.
If you feel that you can fulfil the above criteria, please send across a letter of interest and CV to GreenbankHAF@greenbank.org.uk no later than Monday 19 July 2021.
Please indicate your availability over the summer based on the above session dates.
To discuss anything further please contact Greenbank on 0151 733 7255 or call Mark Palmer directly on 07576275846. Please leave a message on the mobile if there is no answer.