Posts available: 1.
Contract: Initial 12 months, subject to review.
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000.
Hours per week: 16 hours (negotiable).
Days per week: Negotiable.
Reporting to: Area Meeting Trustees.
Location: Liverpool City Centre.
Hardshaw and Mann Area Quaker Meeting (charity no: 1134522) comprises 4 places of worship in the North West, the largest of which is Liverpool Meeting House, a large modern building situated in Liverpool One. As well as being a place of worship, Liverpool Meeting House provides a not-for-profit room hire business that generates income for the charity and aims to provide a welcoming space for visitors, local businesses, charities and community groups. Room hire also takes place at their smaller meeting houses in Wigan, Southport and St Helens.
Job responsibilities include:
- Day to day responsibility for all aspects of book-keeping (including the processing of sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank payments/receipts, bank and petty cash reconciliations, journals and nominal ledger administration etc)
- Prepare annual budgets and cash-flow forecasts
- Ensure the delivery of end to end financial transaction processes and record-keeping
- Ensure financial policies are in line with Quaker values and practice and Charity Commission SORP requirements
- Ensure financial procedures and controls are in place and monitored
- Preparation of management accounts and quarterly reports to trustees
- Produce Annual Financial Accounts in preparation for audit and in accordance with Charity Commission SORP
- Prepare for and oversee the annual audit. Work with their auditors to ensure appropriate advice is received and acted upon to improve their reporting processes
- Work with Area and Local Meeting Treasurers to ensure financial procedures are followed across the Area Meeting
- To work closely with the Hardshaw and Mann General Manager to ensure the smooth running of the charity.
To read the full job description and to apply, please click here.
For further information or an informal chat about the vacancy, please contact their Area Meeting Treasurer, Shanthini Cawson at email@example.com or call Liverpool Meeting House on 0151 709 6957 and request a callback.
Deadline: Friday 12 November 2021
Interview date: Friday 19 November 2021.Back to blog