Posts available: 1.
Term: Part Time.
Salary: Negotiable £11 – £13 per hour.
Hours per week: 30 hours / flexible.
Reporting to: Finance Officer (or General Manager).
Location: 22 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BT.
Hardshaw and Mann Area Quaker Meeting is registered charity and an Equal Opportunities Employer therefore reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate people with disabilities. No discrimination due to race, sexual orientation, religion or creed will be made.
Essential Job Functions
- Invoice bookings as per invoicing procedure, using QuickBooks online
- Process Petty Cash and Payments as per Petty Cash and Payments Procedure
- Reconcile Credit Card transactions (Sumup and TESCO Clubcard)
- Process GIFT AID ready to submit to HMRC
- Admin duties as required by Trustees for Local and Area Meeting
- Update membership book, Website and send out Quaker communication as required
- Reception duties including answering the phone, taking messages and welcoming all customers and visitors to the QMH when needed
- Provide general admin support and assistance to the General Manager and Area Meeting Houses facilitator as/when needed
- Taking responsibility, when on duty for fire safety / health and safety and security
- Customer and visitor welcome
- And other tasks consistent with the nature and scope of this role.
- You should be an experienced Bookkeeper/ Accounts Assistant with excellent knowledge of Double Entry bookkeeping, use of accounts software preferably QuickBooks Online, alternatively Xero, or Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Some, awareness of charities accounting
- Experience of processing invoices, credit notes and estimates using accounts software
- Experience of reconciling accounts
- Experience of organising membership data, communicating with members and posting on organisation website
- Customer service, warm welcoming approach
- Good communication skills (able to provide clear guidance and direction and respond to questions or requests appropriately)
- Numerate – able to provide quotes and costings to customers
- Literate – good standard of English both written and spoken
- Good administrative skills and IT literate including in the use of the Microsoft ‘Office’ suite of programmes, most particularly Excel, Word, outlook and ability to use online booking system/diary
- Direct hands-on experience of office administration and/or secretarial roles
- Excellent organisational skills – able to manage themselves and others effectively
- Attention to detail including able to focus on task in hand
- Comfortable working with others and or on their own
- Good communications skills especially a confident and personable phone manner.
- Sympathy with Quaker beliefs and in particular commitment to simplicity, truth, equality, and peace
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Finance Officer, General Manager and Treasurer.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Charles Otim via firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your qualification(s) and or experience meets the job specification.
Deadline: 5 February 2024.
Interviews: 15 February 2024.Back to blog