Leading north west health charity Health Equalities Group is looking for new trustees.
Health Equalities Group is a public health collective started in 2005 consisting of the registered charity Heart of Mersey and two social enterprises – HM Partnerships (Community Interest Company) and the European Healthy Stadia Network (Community Interest Company).
Its influence and impact over the last twelve years has been significant, working as one of the key health agencies to introduce smoke-free policies to Liverpool ahead of national legislation in 2007, coordinating the North West’s own anti-obesity programme (Food Active), and establishing a health partnership with UEFA which has resulted to high profile projects at EURO 2012 and 2016.
The charity is continuing a period of growth and development as it aims to increase its social impact across the North West region and its influence both nationally and internationally. As part of the plans, Health Equalities Group is seeking new trustees with skills in a variety of areas. The Board of Trustees currently includes preeminent figures from cardiology, local authority finance, human resources, Directors of Public Health, the charity sector and medical law.
In addition, Health Equalities Group would like to make the charity more diverse to reflect the communities it serves and hopes to add the following personnel and disciplines to the already experienced Board of Trustees:
- Business leaders – individuals with a strong set of business skills. You will have high level experience in at least one of: business planning, diversification, operations, commissioning, performance metrics and social business models
- Individuals with a background in PR, Marketing or Communications to bring your skills to bear in honing the public image and campaigns of the Health Equalities Group
- Individuals with strong financial planning and/or accounting skills to help ensure that Health Equalities Group develops and succeeds in the coming years, with direct input to the finance committee
- Fundraising – to bolster this as part of the future strategy. You will have experience in fundraising, the creation of funding strategies, measuring impact and social value and garnering sponsorship and corporate support
- Legal – the charity is particularly keen to secure a new trustee from a legal background who would be able to support the charity in navigating legal issues relating to HR issues and organisational change, but also intellectual property law
In return for a commitment of attending four trustees meetings per year and occasional sub-committee meetings, you will be part of an ambitious, growing organisation that is delivering public benefit through research, programmes, campaigns, lobbying and advocacy.
You will be joining and supporting an organisation that is recognised at European-level for its work on tackling health inequalities. You will also be able to act as an ‘Ambassador’ for the group at events and ceremonies throughout the year.
Where possible, you will be offered professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be included in the press and publicity of Health Equalities Group’s work. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in applying for a trustee position with Health Equalities Group, send your CV and a one page letter illustrating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience are aligned to the areas of expertise we require, and how you will add overall value to the Board. Send to Alexandra.Holt@hegroup.org.uk.
For any initial enquiries, contact Health Equalities Group chair, Julia Purvis, on 0151 702 5554 or email Julia.Purvis@pss.org.uk.
Deadline: Monday 6 February 2017
Interviews: Mid-FebruaryBack to blog