Posts available: 1 x Social Prescribing Link Worker.
Contract type: 2 years fixed term contract with possible extension, subject to funding.
Employment type: Full time.
Hours: 35 hours per week, between 8 am – 8 pm and may include weekends (rota basis).
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus pension.
Location: Childwall & Wavertree Primary Care Network (CWN PCN).
Responsible to: Health Junction & PCN Leads.
Accountable to: PCN Clinical Directors.
- Social prescribing empowers people to take control of their health and wellbeing through referral to non-medical ‘link workers’. These workers give time, focus on what matters to the people and take a holistic approach, connecting people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
- To provide personalised support to individuals, their families and carers to take control of their well-being, help them live independently and improve their health outcomes. To strengthen personal resilience and reduce health inequalities by addressing the wider determinants of health such as debt, poor housing, physical inactivity and low understanding of the health condition.
- To take a holistic approach, based on the person’s priorities and the wider determinants of health, to co-produce a Personal Action Plan to improve health and wellbeing. Introducing or reconnecting people to community groups and statutory services.
- To encourage the patient to carry out the goals set in the plan whilst ensuring they get any extra support they require to achieve their goals. Where identified, help to build patient support groups for the PCN.
- The role will require managing and prioritising your own caseload, in accordance with the needs, priorities and any urgent support required by individuals.
If you would like the full job description and application form contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 5 pm on 18 August 2021.
Should they receive a large number of applications for these positions, they may bring this deadline forward.
Interviews will be held in person on 25 August 2021.
The anticipated starting date is the end of September 2021.
Applicants will be notified by telephone if they are to be invited for interviews.