Salary: £25,000 per annum.
Hours per week: 36 hours.
Location of work: This post will mainly be based at WHHFT, Lovely Lane, Warrington with a minimum of one day per week at VCA, St Maries, Lugsdale Road, Widnes, WA8 6DB.
Holidays: 26 days annual leave and public holidays.
The Healthy at Home project will provide a complimentary service to the current discharge pathway within Warrington and Halton Hospital Foundation Trust (WHHFT). It will enhance the current provision within the hospital and create effective and long-lasting links with the Community and Voluntary Sector (VCS). The postholder will be one of 2 Link Workers integrated within the hospital’s Discharge Team, providing a triage service to volunteer support and local VCS connections. The project will bring the expertise and knowledge of the VCS to the discharge process across 2 ‘places’ – Warrington and Halton.
- To work with the Hospital Discharge Team to assist in providing an appropriate community support approach to meet the needs of patients
- To work closely with the Halton Street Champions and wider Halton VCSE sector colleagues to ensure packages of support for safe discharge and continued support are in place
- To work with the managers, on-site teams and community organisations to continue to develop working relationships with hospitals and other health services to provide patients with an integrated service
- To attend discharge and other multi-disciplinary team meetings as required to discuss planned discharges and input where community intervention is appropriate
- Ensure that a patient-focused service is provided
- Work closely with Halton’s VCSE to develop a Healthy at Home Alliance, working with key VCS partners to provide immediate to medium-term support, care and advice
- Maintain professional boundaries as per policies and procedures
- To ensure that Consent, Information Sharing, Data Protection and Freedom of Information requirements are adhered to
- Provide both written and verbal updates and reports including monitoring data as needed
- Maintain a database of activity, outputs and outcomes that will be used to report on activities to the WHHFT, VCA and as appropriate wider stakeholders
- To support the work of and share intelligence with the other members of VCA
- To share workloads and become familiar with a range of common duties to ensure continuity of service during peak periods, sickness absences and holidays namely with the Warrington VA Healthy at Home Link Worker.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Sally Yeoman at email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 18 October 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 27 October 2021.Back to blog