Job Reference: 21/62.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week.
Salary: £43,000.00 pro-rata.
Based in: Liverpool.
Imagine Independence is a third sector organisation that supports people to live full and meaningful lives. They campaign to promote the inclusion in society of individuals with a range of needs, from mental illness, learning disability, neurodiversity, and complex behaviour that challenges. Their portfolio of services is expanding and so this is a great time to join the organisation.
In this role, you will oversee the provision of key financial and management information to the SMT and Board to facilitate effective organisational operation and business development. The postholder will work closely with the Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Trustees and SMT, helping to determine/deliver on long-term financial goals. As well as supporting the development/delivery of strategies to achieve the financial, IT, asset management and business development objectives of Imagine Independence.
The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the ACEO and supporting them in the following areas of their responsibility:
- Finance, including annual accounts, tax, and audit functions
- Business planning, including financial forecasting
- Payroll and HR systems
- IT systems and management information development/delivery
- Deputising in the absence of ACEO at the request of the CEO.
- Be a fully qualified, experienced accountant who wants to make a difference in your daily working life
- Have commercial skills and business acumen that you can apply in a third sector environment
- Have a track record of involvement in the development and implementation of strategies, together with the underlying business processes to ensure success
- Have experience working with a range of external stakeholders and internal business partners
- Enjoy working in a team yet be equally comfortable working alone
- Be a confident manager of both individuals and teams so that they can deliver on organisational goals and add value to the overall operation of the organisation
- Act as an advocate for the organisation with both colleagues and external partners/stakeholders
- Be a confident and effective communicator, who can make finance and business processes come alive for colleagues.
For more information and to download an application form, please visit the Imagine Independence website.
For a conversation about the organisation and the post, please contact Paul Edwards (Assistant Chief Executive) on 0151 709 2366.
Closing date: 5 pm on 23 September 2021. Interviews to be held in Liverpool on the 4 October 2021.Back to blog